RNS Number: 5335V
IG Group Holdings plc
15 January 2013
Interim Results for the six months ended 30 November 2012
IG Group Holdings plc ("IG" or "the Group") today announces interim results for the six month period ended 30 November 2012.
- Satisfactory results against an extremely strong prior year comparator
- Net trading revenue1 down 14% at £169.0 million
- Profit before tax1,3 down 21% to £81.1 million
- Diluted EPS down 22% at 16.04p
- £59.3 million of own funds generated from operations
- Interim dividend of 5.75p per share, flat on prior year
- Continued market share growth in three biggest markets
Tim Howkins, Chief Executive, commented:
"Market conditions so far this year have been challenging for the industry. Against the backdrop of low market volatility and fragile consumer sentiment we have delivered a satisfactory set of results. We continue to maintain an appropriate level of investment in IT and marketing, mindful of the need to balance short term profitability against investment for the long term. This, along with our strong financial position, supports the increasing market lead we have in a number of the countries in which we operate and we believe will help deliver industry-leading growth rates over the longer term."
Full details for these interim results can be accessed here: