Interim Results 2014-15
IG Group's interim results for the six months ended 30 November 2014 were announced on 20 January 2015.
Main highlights of the results included:
- Strong first half results following a very subdued first quarter
- Net trading revenue(1) up 8% at £197.4 million
- Profit before tax up(2) 2.8% to £101.4 million
- Diluted EPS up 5.4% at 21.44p
- £87.4 million of own funds generated from operations, up 10.5%
- Interim dividend of 8.45p per share, 30% of 2014 full year dividend
- Execution only stockbroking service launched in the UK; planning international roll-out
- Swiss office commenced operating in October; Dubai licence application progressing well
- Launched IG Major Markets mobile App, aimed at improving client acquisition
(1) Net trading revenue is trading revenue excluding interest on segregated client funds and is presented net of introducing partner commissions. All references to 'revenue' in this statement are made with regards to net trading revenue.
(2) A change in accounting treatment means there is no FSCS levy charge in the first half of the 2015 year, with the full annual charge now being incurred in the second half. The prior year period has been restated.
Full details of the results can be accessed here:
You can access a live webcast of the results presentation from 9.30am on Tuesday 20 January 2015.
The presentation will also be accessible via a conference call on the following number: +44 20 3059 8125.
A replay of the conference call is available for a period of seven days on the following dial-in: + 44 121 260 4861 with the passcode 6336990#.
The results presentation is available here: