Annual Results 2011
IG Group's results for the financial year ended 31 May 2011 were announced on Tuesday 19 July.
Main highlights of the results included:
- Net trading revenue up 7.3% to £320.4 million (2010: £298.6 million)
- Adjusted profit before taxation up 3.4% to £163.0 million (2010: £157.6 million)
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of 32.64p up 6.1% (2010: 30.77p)
- Total dividend per share of 20.00p, up 8.1% (2010: 18.50p)
- Number of active financial clients, excluding Japan, increased 13% to 117,252 (2010: 103,338)
- Dividend per share represents 61.3% of adjusted diluted earnings per share (2010: 60.1%)
- Strong, debt free balance sheet with a 294.2% excess over regulatory capital resources requirement surplus (2010: 338.1%)
- Encouraging start to the new financial year, with revenue from the financial business higher than in June 2010, despite substantially lower levels of market volatility
There will be a conference call for analysts and investors at 9.30am (London time) on 19 July 2011. The call can be accessed by dialling +44 (0)20 3059 5845, and then by stating 'results', participants will gain access to the conference call.
A replay of the conference call will be available for a period of seven days after the event by dialling +44 (0)121 260 4861 and using passcode 9548726#.
A web cast of the presentation will be available here.